Friday, October 19, 2007

Jenine - Bridal Portrait


Often times when I create a photograph the viewer never knows what was really going on just outside the frame. Thus is the case with this photograph. This one of my favorite places to take photos, Cooley Gardens. I like going there because usually it is a very peaceful park with few visitors to get in the way of my photographing. This was not the case that day. Shortly after I arrive to scope out a location about 60 kids for a local high school showed up to have photos taken of them in the formal attire... it was the location for their pre prom photos! By time my bride arrived the place was literally crawling with people, kids, parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters... you get the picture. There was even another bridal party that had stopped by to grab a few photos. We patiently waited for a break in that action. I finally asked if the crowd standing in front of the steps could give us a few minutes so we could take our photos. You can't tell it from the photo, but just to the right and left just outside the frame there about 30 or so people standing. I had to time my photo so I did not catch the many people wandering around in the background. I took about 10 or 15 frames at this location and them moved on. I think this is one of the best of the lot and I love it in B&W! A beautiful bride in a peaceful park!

No comments: