Monday, August 3, 2009

Gina & Brendan :: Wedding















It was my pleasure to meet Gina & Brendan through Nicole Dungy from Weddings by Nicole. Gina was an MSU Alumni and was coming back to East Lansing to get married. Unlike a lot of my clients, Gina and I communicated through e-mail and several phone calls. We were able to finally able to sit down and plan out her wedding over coffee, about a month before the wedding.

The wedding took place at St. John's Student Center in East Lansing, a wonderful place with the reception at Kellogg Center in the Lincoln Room. You couldn't have asked for a better the day. Gina and Brendan booked us for the whole day so we were at the hotel bright and early to record the both of them getting ready. Deb Martin and her crew from All Tressed Up provided the light brunch for the girls as well the hair and make up for Gina and her bridesmaids. I love having time to photograph a wedding from beginning to end! I photographed Brendan and the guys getting ready, while my assistant Holly photographed the girls.

From the hotel we went to the Church. St. Johns is a beautiful place to have a wedding with lots of natural lighting and a wonderful sanctuary. Brendan's mother was not able to make the trip to the wedding, but she was able to listen via cell phone held by one of the groomsmen!

After the wedding we were able to take time and tour the MSU campus photographing the bridal party at different locations. My favorite location was the Clock Tower! We spent over an hour and a half photographing.... wonderful.

We finally made it to the Kellogg Center for the reception festivities. The first thing I usually do is photograph the cake which was provided by Jeannie from The Cakery, wow simply wonderful. Gina and Brendan wanted to sit among their friends, so they did not have a traditional "Head Table"! I was able to pull Gina and Brendan away from their guess for about 20 mins to do some photographs of just the two of them high above city. I would have to say, some of the best images I have produced to date!

Here are a few photos from that day. Enjoy!

No comments: